Thursday, July 10, 2014

1969 CZ360 Sidepipe

As an active participant in early American Motocross beginning for me in 1968 or thereabouts, the one MX machine that has stuck in my mind to the present is the 1969 CZ360 sidepiper. There were a lot of them at the old Deadmans Point track back then, and the thing about this bike that impressed upon me the most was its distinct open-chamber cracking sound and its completely different look among the crowd of machinery. That gleaming chrome plated pipe and header just set the whole thing off! The chassis design and colors oozed European quality more than any other machine on the track. I never owned or raced a 360 but always wanted one, so, here you see the fruits of my labor over 18 months that finally brought my favorite MX machine home. Click pics to enlarge and Enjoy...


Running machine as she arrived from Reno.


- click thumbnails for larger view -

      



      



      



      




Finished and now a part of the Zimmerman Collection below.


The 360 is sitting behind the corner pole at the Zimmerman museum, Simi Valley, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment